KATHRYN KENEALLY, Assistant Attorney General, JEREMY N. HENDON, OSB #982490, Trial Attorney, Tax Division, U.S. Department of Justice, Washington, D.C., Attorneys for Plaintiff.
AMANDA MARSHALL, United States Attorney, District of Oregon, Of Counsel.
ORDER OF FORECLOSURE AND JUDICIAL SALE
ANN L. AIKEN, District Judge.
The parties' Joint Motion for Entry of Judgment is hereby GRANTED and this Order of Foreclosure and Judicial Sale is entered pursuant to the provisions of28 U.S.C. §§ 2001 and 2002 and 26 U.S.C. §§ 7402 and 7403. The Court hereby orders as follows:
1. Marvin E. Mahrt and Bonnie J. Mahrt (collectively "Defendants") are indebted, jointly and severally, to the United States of America ("United States") for unpaid federal taxes for the tax period ending December 31, 2008, plus interest and statutory additions accruing after the dates ofassessments pursuant to 26 U.S.C. §§ 6601, 6621 and 6622, and 28 U.S.C. § 1961(c) until paid. On _______, 2013, the Court entered judgment in favor of the United States and against Defendants in the amount of $1, 002, 721.83, plus statutory interest pursuant to 26 U.S.C. §§ 6601, 6621, and 6622, 28 U.S.C. § 1961(c) and other statutory additions running from September 30, 2011, until paid in full.
2. The property sought to be foreclosed by this action consists of one parcel of property located at 63110 Don Jr. Lane, Bend, Oregon 97701 (the "subject property"). The legal description of the subject property is as follows:
A tract of land in Section 19, Township 17 South, Range 13 East of the Willamette Meridian, Deschutes County, Oregon, more particularly described as follows: Commencing at the Northeast corner of said Section 19; thence North 89°59'15" West, 948.83 feet; thence South 00°28'15" East, 418.85 feet; thence South 89°59'15" East, 312.00 feet; thence South 00°28'15" East 471.74 feet to the true point of beginning. Thence South 00°28'15" East 430.00 feet; thence South 89°59'45" West, 530.00 feet; thence North 00°28'15" West, 430.00 feet; thence North 89°59'45" East, 530.00 feet to the point ofbeginning.
3. On or about November 17, 2003, Marvin E. Mahrt acquired the subject property via a Warranty Deed.
4. On or about July 29, 2009, Defendants purportedly transferred title to the subject property to Children in Need Outreach. Although such transfer was a fraudulent transfer and has no effect, Defendants caused title to the subject property to be transferred back to them on April 12, 2013, and a deed effecting such transfer was recorded with the Deschutes County Recorder's Office on April 12, 2013.
5. The United States has valid and subsisting tax liens on all property and rights to property of Defendants, including the subject property, arising from the assessments described in paragraph 13 of the Complaint, which tax liens are effective as of the dates of those assessments. The United States further protected its liens by filing various Notices of Federal Tax Lien in the Deschutes County Recorder's Office
6. Section 7403 of Title 26 (U.S. C.) entitles the United States to enforce its liens against the subject property in order to apply the proceeds towards Defendants' federal tax liabilities.
7. The United States' federal tax liens against the subject propetiy are hereby foreclosed. The United States Marshal for the District of Oregon, his/her representative, or an Internal Revenue Service Property Appraisal and Liquidation Specialist ("PALS") representative is authorized and directed under 28 U.S.C. §§ 2001 and 2002 to offer for public sale and to sell the subject propetiy, free and clear of the right, title and interest of all parties to this action and.I I any successors in interest or transferees of those parties. The United States may choose either the United States Marshal or a PALS representative to carry out the sales under this Order of Foreclosure and Judicial Sale and shall make the arrangements for any sale as set forth in this Order. This Order of Foreclosure and Judicial Sale shall act as a special writ of execution and no further orders or process from the Court shall be required.
8. The United States Marshal for the District of Oregon, his/her representative, or a PALS representative is authorized to have free access to the subject property and to take all actions necessary to preserve that property including without limitation retaining a locksmith or other person to change or install locks or other security ...